Charges for algo trading

Akintos
Zerodha is currenlty charging 2000 rs per month for APIs while other brokers Aliceblue and Fyres have now moved on to free APIs and only charge for brokerage with similar to zerodha brokerage plan.
Any plans to make kite connect apis free in near future?
  • sujith
    You can refer to this thread.
  • Akintos
    Understood that Kite connect provides a lot but I doubt anyone(retail trades) has written algo/algos which are utilizing all(or even multiple) the features provided by Kite Connect.
    For business models like Streak and Sensibull it makes sense to charge as they are in turn charging the customers. Additionally they are not paying any direct brokerage. Those are corporate clients
    For simple trading and retail traders, we try to come up with automated cases, these are not high performing or overloaded trades. So the charges should be more modular and cheaper for retail.
  • sujith
    You can write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com and speak to someone in the business team who take decisions.
  • ganeshv02
    Agree on the feedback from @Akintos. I will also raise this as this will benefit all algo traders and encourage more people to use the API.
  • dopeddude
    I too am looking forward to this modular and cheaper pricing model for the retailers/personal-usages. Any updates? Thanks.