using kitedotnet.dll for web based application ( login issue )

HDave
Dear Team,

Need your support.

kitedotnet.dll comes with web browser control to login, which works very well with desktop based application. However for web based application, login component wont work ( because of web browser control popup which is not possible if we integrate kitedotnet.dll with web based application ). Please let me know if I am missing something.

Is there any way we can make it work?

In case such functionality not available as of now, Is there any way we can override login and logout functionality of kitedotnet.dll?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks & Regards,
Hemang.
  • botany02
    botany02 edited February 2017
    @HDave

KiteConnect is designed in such a way that you need to login either in Web Browser Control or Normal Web Browser to get request token.

The Ultimate thing is that the user has to login at Kite Server.

I'm not familiar with Asp.Net or Web App.

But I guess that below can be helpful...

I will remove Mandatory Login Call & Make request_token property GET/SET .

Now You get the request_token by any means by yourself by redirecting the user to a login page with your API Key in your website or something like that and get request token.

Once you get request_token,

Just set it in KiteDotNet
    Call AccessToken
    & Further API Calls..

Note: KiteDotNet is basically designed to build Desktop App with ease.I'm not sure whether it can be integrated with Web App or ASP.net as multi-user will login and logout.

Hope this helps.
  • HDave
    Thanks @botany02 for your prompt response.

"I will remove Mandatory Login Call & Make request_token property GET/SET .

Now You get the request_token by any means by yourself by redirecting the user to a login page with your API Key in your website or something like that and get request token."

This will definitely help. Please let us know whenever you make this feature available.

And thank you for such a great library.

Thanks & regards.
  • HDave
    Dear @botany02 ,

Do we have any time line in mind for this feature availability? I would appreciate if we can have any tentative date, so that I can plan things.

Thanks & Regards.
  • botany02
    @HDave
    Thanks...
    Most probably will update in 1-2 weeks..
    Just redefining the entire library which will have raw functions only.
    No mandatory calls, Exceptions and validation of parameters.
    For Example:- If you have access token, you can just call PlaceOrder Function, no need of login etc...
    Since I removing validations of parameters,any exceptions like invalid Exch, symbol etc will be raised from Kite.Trade.
  • HDave
    Thanks @botany02

Thank you for the reply.
This discussion has been closed.