How do I get Coin holdings data?

QNA
Hello,

I want to be able to get values for the following parameters for each of my mutual funds which I have on Coin: 'Invested', 'Current', 'Units', 'Avg. NAV', 'Current NAV'.

For stocks it's easy enough to get my holdings. I just have to write kite.holdings()

How do I do something similar for mutual funds?
  • decoder_12
    For mutual funds,
    you need to use API
    kite.mf_holdings()

• QNA
    Thanks! I wish the documentation was easier to read and it simply said what you've written.

Now, two things:

i.) From the code, the last_price it shows is 60.569. But on coin, for the same fund, 'Current NAV' is listed as 59.521. Which is the most recent one?

ii.) If I want the last traded price of a particular stock, say DRREDDY I can directly do kite.ltp('NSE:DRREDDY').

Is there something equivalent for a mutual fund to get the last traded NAV of a specific fund? Doing kite.ltp('NSE:INF200K01LZ0') for instance, does not work. What exchange symbol does an MF come under?

• QNA
    Hello, someone please respond.

i.) It looks like the NAV we get from kite.mf_holdings() is older than the last traded NAV. How do I get the same NAV that it shows on Coin (which is more recent)?

ii.) If I want the last traded price of a particular stock, say DRREDDY I can directly do kite.ltp('NSE:DRREDDY').

Is there something equivalent for a mutual fund to get the last traded NAV of a specific fund? Doing kite.ltp('NSE:INF200K01LZ0') for instance, does not work. What exchange symbol does an MF come under?