Inquiry on Margin Release Timing, while utilizing margin benefit.

Arvind_Muthu
Hello..
I am trying to understand the specific time, the broker requires to release margin after an options position adjustment, specifically when buying back sold options and re-establishing at a new strike price programmatically. I have noticed a delay in the margin release during my recent transactions and seek clarification on how long, typically in seconds or minutes, this process takes in your system.
Recently, while automating option trades using margin benefits, particularly by purchasing FAR OTM options, I have consistently received an "Insufficient funds!" error. It appears the margin isn't being released instantaneously after squaring off certain positions
Please advise.
  • themohammedfaisal
    Hi @Arvind_Muthu,

The margin release is instantaneous, once we receive the order update from the exchange, the margin will be released at the same second. This has been the case for both normal and API users, we haven't received any complaints about it. If this wasn't the case for you, please DM your order details for us to check.
    If the 2nd order was too close to each other, it is appropriate if you add a small time gap between orders, like a half a second gap.