Basket order API

shubh901
I raised a query regarding basket orders API, I run a software where I want to add basket orders for that Zerodha has confirmed me to utilise basket orders but asked me to raise here and ask for API for basket orders, pls send me link or API for basket orders asap as it’s not been resolved from last 15 days now
  • ANL
    ANL edited July 12
    Basket orders are not available on Kite API. check this thread: Thread

Basket margins API is available Here , You can check basket margins with available margin in your account. Create a list or order queue to place multiple orders. You can place 10 orders per second.
  • shubh901
    Do you mean iceberg orders? Pls help me cause I’m trying to reach support from last 10 days they first denied then they said you can utilise I have uploaded screenshot, now they asked me ask here what could I do get orders in bulk as soon as it can , is iceberg order could connect so help me with that API pls
  • ANL
    As per your query, you want to place basket orders, not iceberg orders. A basket order means that you can place multiple orders at the same time. Iceberg orders are different. Kite API does not have a basket order API, so you can't place it via API, but you can create your own logic to create code and place multiple orders; it depends on your coding skills. How do you get support if they are not providing the API for basket orders?
  • shubh901
    Could you pls help what coding should be done to create an alternative to what I actually want like you said, I’m a user not a developer, but whatever knowledge you could share to make an alternative to that pls do, so that I can share all of that to my developer who’s actually coding and could understand it
  • shubh901
    Could iceberg order help in minimal execution of orders? If yes then I would be okay doing that too, the main concern I’m here is to get help regarding my problem, im not a technical person to code, pls help me the best possible thing to make it happen what all I need to make it possible
  • ANL
    You may not understand the logic of the iceberg order. You can slice one order into multiple orders with small quantities. This is helpful when you have large orders and slowly place them one by one. This helps reduce the impact cost of execution in addition to not revealing large orders in the market depth bids and offers. check more about icebergs orders Here The logic of basket order is different from the iceberg.

If you need to get a clear solution first, you should decide which order type you are looking for: basket or iceberg.
  • shubh901
    Okay thank you sir, I got clear with difference between both of them, now the fact I’m clear with well I want to have basket orders to be used by my software for order execution, what all steps I could do to make it possible sir or like what exactly should I ask my developer to do pls.
  • ANL
    Ok. The logic is very simple.

import time

list_ = ['symbol1', 'symbol2', 'symbol3', 'symbol4', 'symbol5', 'symbol6', 'symbol7', 'symbol8', 'symbol9', 'symbol10',
    'symbol11', 'symbol12', 'symbol13', 'symbol14', 'symbol15', 'symbol16', 'symbol17', 'symbol18', 'symbol19', 'symbol20'] #you can add 20 order or more symbols

while True:
    # Iterate over the list in chunks of 10
    for i in range(0, len(list_), 10):
    chunk = list_[i:i+10]
    for symbol in chunk:
    print(symbol)

#Order API

time.sleep(1) # Wait for 1 second before processing the next iterate because of order limit 10/s

break

This way, you can place 10 orders per second. If you have 100 symbols in your list, it will place 10 symbols per second for 100 symbols, so the code cycle is 10 times. 10*10 = 100 orders.

I hope you got it.