Need to fetch listing date for any given stock

saurabhmehta86
How can I fetch the listing date of any given stock, i.e., the first day the stock was available for trading in BSE?
Tagged:
  • DhanushK
    DhanushK edited July 19
    The listing date of a stock cannot be fetched via Kite connect. However, you can find on the respective exchange website. Please follow these steps:

BSE
    Navigate to the BSE Website:
    Open your web browser and go to the official BSE website at www.bseindia.com.

Search for the Stock:
    On the BSE homepage, locate the search bar at the top of the page.
    Enter the name or ticker symbol of the stock you are looking for and press Enter or click the search icon.

Access the Stock's Information Page:
    From the search results, click on the name of the stock to open its detailed page.

Locate the Listing Information:

Once you're on the stock's information page, look for a tab or section labeled “Corporate Information,” “Company Information,” or anything similar.

NSE
    Open your web browser and visit the official NSE website at www.nseindia.com. You can find the listing date under Securities information just after searching for the stock name.

Within this section, you should find details about the stock, including its listing date.
  • saurabhmehta86
    Thanks for the response, but what if I need to fetch the listing date for 1000 stocks then it can't be done manually. I am looking for an automated way to fetch the listing date for the stocks traded in BSE.
  • rajnivp
    best way will be to automatically fetch that information from exchange for all stocks by creating scraper