Getting partial order for triggered order

profitbuddy
say for example, I am placing a triggered order of ABC stock for 2000 quantity. LTP is 100 and triggered price is 110. when LTP comes to 110, at that if there are only 800 quantity available, then I will get those 800 partial quantity and then assume that LTP moved to 115. Now, unless LTP comes does to 110, I will not get those remaining 1200 quantity.

what do I do so that when LTP comes to 110, I can get all the 2000 quantity at around approx. 110 price ?

below is my code :

buy_order_id = kite.place_order(tradingsymbol=tradingsymbol,
exchange=kite.EXCHANGE_NSE,
transaction_type=kite.TRANSACTION_TYPE_BUY,
quantity=buy_qty,
price=buy_price,
trigger_price=signal_close,
variety=kite.VARIETY_AMO,
order_type=kite.ORDER_TYPE_SL,
product=kite.PRODUCT_CNC)

thank you for your precious time.
Tagged:
  • Arockiya_r
    at that if there are only 800 quantity available, then I will get those 800 partial quantity
    what do I do so that when LTP comes to 110, I can get all the 2000 quantity at around approx. 110 price ?
    If there are only 800 qty available at the price, we can't do anything to get 2000 qty filled immediately.

I assume you're using a stop-loss (SL) order with a trigger price and a limit price of 110. If you want the order to be executed quickly, set the limit price a bit higher than the trigger price, like 111 or 112. Depending on how volatile the instrument is, you might need to set an even higher gap.