2000/Month for Individual is unexpectable.

beingmohit
Zerodha charges fee per order. Why is there monthly fee for using api for individuals ? I understand if you charge based on usage. But paying 2000/month fixed is unexpectable.
  • beingmohit
    Why do I need to pay 2000 inr to use api, when I can use kite web/mobile interfaces for free ?
  • beingmohit
    beingmohit edited April 2017
    And why the fuck is it free for startups, targeting retail market, but paid for individuals ? Doesn't make any sense.
  • Matti
    Kite Connect is a premium service offered above and beyond our broking services, and charged as such. Originally, the idea with the APIs was to find new ways to get more retail participants to enter the markets. In order to encourage people with ideas to do this, APIs for startups are free.
  • sabyasm
    @Nikhil.A
    Originally, the idea with the APIs was to find new ways to get more retail participants to enter the markets. In order to encourage people with ideas to do this, APIs for startups are free.
    Is it not true anymore? Any plan to shut down this service for retail?
  • beingmohit
    @Nikhil.A How do you says if its a startup or not? I am an individual. Can I call myself a startup and avail free api ?
  • Matti
    @beingmohit Startups go through an audit process and are given free access to the APIs only once they meet the requisite standards. If you have an idea to build a user experience that you think can bring more retail participants to the markets, please write to [email protected] with details.

@sabyasm What I meant was that the original intent wasn't to open this up to individuals, but was done at a later stage.
  • kabraanurag90
    I have so many times but nobody responds there. @Nikhil.A
  • kabraanurag90
    *I have written there ([email protected]) so many times but nobody responds there. @Nikhil.A