Unable to use multiple public/static IPs for Kite Connect API trading

amit
Hi Team,

I am facing an issue with IP whitelisting for Kite Connect API trading.

I have one public/static IP at my primary location and I also tried using another public IP from a family member's internet connection, but I was not able to make the API trading setup work correctly from both locations.

Could you please clarify the following:

1. How many public/static IP addresses can be whitelisted for one Kite Connect API app/account?
2. Can I add more than one IP for the same API app?
3. Can the same Zerodha account use the API from two different locations with different public IPs?
4. If only one IP is allowed, what is the recommended setup for using the API while travelling or from another location?
5. Can a VPS/VPN with one fixed public IP be used for this purpose?
6. Does the IP restriction apply only to order placement, or also to login, WebSocket market data and other API calls?
7. If my ISP changes the public IP, do I need to update it manually in the Kite developer console?

My objective is to have a stable API trading setup while being able to connect from my primary location and occasionally from another location.

Please let me know the recommended configuration.

Thanks.
Sign In or Register to comment.