Clarification on historical NSE equity data retention and personal quantitative research

Anindya_Nandy
I am building a private, non-commercial quantitative trading/research system for my own account and am evaluating Kite Connect as a historical NSE cash-equity data source.

I understand from existing discussions that:

daily historical equity data can be available for many years, sometimes back to the late 1990s;
historical data is adjusted for corporate actions;
historical data is not available for delisted securities;
historical data can be used for backtesting.

For my specific use case, could a Zerodha/Kite Connect team member please clarify the following:

Can I download and store Kite historical NSE equity data locally for my own private research?
Can I retain those downloaded files/database backups after my Kite Connect subscription expires or is cancelled?
Can I use the data for statistical research, factor research and quantitative strategy development?
Can I use it for machine-learning model training and validation?
Can I retain models trained using the historical data?
Can I continue using such models after the Kite Connect subscription ends?
Can I retain derived indicators, factors, rankings, probabilities and trading signals generated from the data?
Can those derived outputs be used for my own personal trading decisions?
Can I compare Kite historical data with NSE/public data or another licensed provider purely for data-quality validation?
Are there any restrictions on maintaining a private research database containing the downloaded data?

I will not redistribute, sell, publish or provide the raw market data to any third party. The system is strictly for my own research and trading.

I am specifically looking for clarification of the data-retention and permitted-use policy, rather than API implementation details.

If any of the above uses are not permitted, please identify the specific restriction and, if possible, point to the relevant Kite Connect terms/licence clause.

A clear YES/NO answer from the Kite Connect team would be extremely helpful.

Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.