Kite Connect historical 5-minute NSE candles stop at 15:10 IST

IL8105
Hello Kite Connect Team,

I am using the Kite Connect Python client to download historical 5-minute candles for NSE equities.

For BEL, HAL, HDFCBANK and RELIANCE, I requested historical data from 09:15 to 15:30 IST. The API returned 72 candles per symbol, with the last timestamp at 15:10 IST.

I verified this on 8 October 2026 and 9 October 2026. I also made separate requests for the 15:00–15:30 IST window:

BEL returned candles at 15:00, 15:05 and 15:10.

RELIANCE returned candles at 15:00, 15:05 and 15:10.

No candles after 15:10 were returned in these requests.

Could you please clarify:

Is this expected behaviour for the historical-data API, or is there an issue with data availability?

Should 5-minute candles timestamped 15:15, 15:20 and 15:25 be available for these NSE equities?

Is there a recommended way to retrieve the remaining session data?

Could the candle timestamp convention or API request parameters explain this result?

I am using this data for a paper-only research project. I have not fabricated or filled any missing candles.

Thank you for your help.
Sign In or Register to comment.