☰
Login
Signup
Home
›
General
Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Sign In
Register
Categories
Recent Discussions
Activity
Categories
15.4K
All Categories
0
Incidents
187
Node JS client
52
Go client
872
.Net API client
411
Kite Publisher
557
.Net / VBA / Excel (3rd party)
513
Algorithms and Strategies
1.1K
Java client
1.3K
API clients
410
PHP client
4.4K
Python client
375
Mobile and Desktop apps
1.5K
Market data (WebSockets)
3.7K
General
Does regenerating a Kite Connect API secret invalidate existing access tokens?
Vass_b
5:20AM
in
General
Hello Kite Connect team,
I use an existing Kite Connect app called SmartEngine for a research system.
My API secret may have been exposed, so I need to regenerate it. Before proceeding, I would like to confirm:
Does regenerating the API secret immediately invalidate an already-issued access token?
Will existing API requests continue working until the access token expires, or will they fail immediately?
Will I need to generate a new access token using the new secret?
Can this be done without creating a new app or incurring any additional subscription charges?
I want to secure the existing app while avoiding disruption to my current integration.
Thank you.
Sign In
or
Register
to comment.