Kite Connect Historical API Missing Last 15 Minutes of NSE Trading Session

SQZ072
Hello Kite Connect Support Team,

I am using the Kite Connect Historical Data API through Python for NSE equity market research and backtesting.

I have noticed that the API consistently returns only 360 one-minute candles per trading day instead of the expected 375 candles.

Observed data:
- First candle: 09:15 IST
- Last candle: 15:14 IST
- Total: 360 one-minute candles

Expected data:
- First candle: 09:15 IST
- Last candle: 15:29 IST
- Total: 375 one-minute candles

Instrument: HDFCBANK
Instrument Token: 341249
Exchange: NSE

I tested the following trading dates:
- 03 August 2026
- 04 August 2026
- 04 September 2026
- 09 October 2026

I also tested:
1. API end time of 15:30
2. API end time of 15:45
3. Timezone-aware requests using IST
4. Both 1-minute and 5-minute historical intervals

Results:
- 1-minute data consistently ends at 15:14.
- 5-minute data consistently ends at the 15:10 candle.
- The final 15 minutes (15:15–15:29) are missing.

This affects intraday back testing and end-of-day position exit calculations.

Could you please clarify:

1. Why are the final 15 minutes missing?
2. Is this an intentional limitation of the Historical Data API?
3. Is there a supported way to retrieve the complete trading session?
4. Could this be an API data issue that needs correction?

Thank you.
Sign In or Register to comment.