New Kite Connect app shows "Cancelled" immediately after creation — paid 2500 credits, never used

bhubansen
Hello Kite Connect team,

I am writing about repeated charges for Kite Connect apps that were cancelled or stopped working, totalling 2,500 credits since 3 October 2026.

Client ID: VBJ406

Charges (from my Billing page):

1. 3 Oct 2026 — Stock Scanner Connect (api_key 5592sa0a43vs4aia) — "Subscribe Kite Connect" — 500
2. 3 Oct 2026 — Stock Scanner Connect (api_key 5592sa0a43vs4aia) — "Renewed Kite Connect" — 500
(the same app was charged twice on the same day: once as "Subscribe" and once as "Renewed")
3. 3 Oct 2026 — My App (api_key lup5910ozzdcbw15) — 500
4. 6 Oct 2026 — Zerodha APP Pro (api_key t8ql6namcbsnd1dl) — 500
5. 11 Oct 2026 — ZERODHA APP (api_key u59nt3bhg4ud31k1) — 500

Total: 2,500 credits

What happened:
- The earlier apps stopped working shortly after I paid for them. Login returned "Invalid api_key", and I had to create a new app each time.
- Today (11 Oct 2026) I created a new app (Connect type, Kite connect + Historical Chart data) and paid 500 credits. Immediately after creation — before I used it even once — the app status in "My apps" showed "Cancelled", with expiry 11 Nov 2026.
- Before October, I renewed one app every month (May to September) without any problem.

About my usage, in case it is relevant:
- My application does not place any orders. It only uses login, instruments and historical candle data.
- All API calls are rate-limited in my code: at most 2 requests per second for historical data, one request at a time, and it pauses automatically if it ever receives a "Too many requests" response.
- It runs on one machine, used only by me, from my registered static IP.

My requests:
1. Please tell me why my apps are being cancelled, so I can avoid it.
2. Please reactivate my current app ZERODHA APP (api_key u59nt3bhg4ud31k1) for its paid period up to 11 Nov 2026.
3. Please refund or credit back the amounts paid for the apps that stopped working, and the duplicate charge for Stock Scanner Connect on 3 Oct 2026.


Thank you,
Client ID: VBJ406
Sign In or Register to comment.