Kite API and PI

anupshinde
Can I connect to the Kite APIs and still stay connected to Pi?

I know we cannot connect to Kite App and Pi simultaneously, but this is specific to the API endpoints.
  • Kailash
    Unfortunately, not yet.
  • anupshinde
    Is there a plan for it?

I see Kite as a convenience but don't see using Kite App as a tool in regular trading hours
  • Kailash
    There is, but it'll take some time. You should give Kite a proper shot then. Apart from certain things like expert advisors and back testing, it covers everything required for trading, and a significant majority of all our orders come from Kite.
  • anupshinde
    I did give Kite a proper shot. And I must say it is a great tool. Way better than what I have used with other brokers. But it still does not match up to Pi. I just need the look and feel of Pi in Kite App. Maybe Kite can be wrapped up with electron to make it a desktop app.
    I don't even care about the EAs in Pi - or the scripted alerts which I found were buggy last I checked. And people who want to use your APIs know better than the ancient modulus-trade-scripts :)

• Kailash
    @anupshinde I understand :) We've indeed been pondering the idea of a dockable, widgetified Kite-Electron app, but it's some time away.