BO order auto squareoff

RH1558
if i place BO order with order_type : SL-M and my order is trigger but not hit target and stoploss.
is it auto squareoff or need some action from my side.

i read about MIS, auto square off at 3.20pm
  • nithin
    BO order can't be entered as SL-M or using triggers, you can place BO orders only as limit orders. Yes, if SL or target not hit, it will auto square off. Check this post.
  • RH1558
    Hi Nithin
    Thanks for the reply, I had gone in detail through your earlier post wherein it was mentioned that it is always better to have SL-M order which itself is also a limit type of order to guarentee the order execution (if in large movements). Thereby please advise what should be my order type be for SL-M order, coz what I want to achieve is ; e.g. ACC opens at 1550, I place two SL-M orders - one is BUY order at 1456 with target of 1460, (Buy Trigger at 1456) AND the second order is SELL order at 1446 with target of 1442 -sell trigger is 1446.

Both these orders will be placed immediately after the market opens. In case a BUY order is executed, then the BUY TARGET(sell) will still be there , but the SELL order ( AT 1446-which is still pending and not executed) will be cancelled.

Hope my explanation was clear enough to enable you to understand through.

Thanks