Ways to output tick data to Excel

GasTurbGuy
Ok, as my luck would have it, the 3rd party excel add-in (KiteXL) for Connect never works as expected for me. It's always some issue or the other and I don't want to keep bothering @botany02 all the time to debug issues. While he's working on a new and improved version, I would really like an alternative way to get things done as I would really like to have a backup option.

I'm thinking is there an easy way to output market price tick data (no need to store it, I just need LTP, current Ask and Bid) into an excel sheet. Something that uses python or .NET or whatever (I'm a mech engrr dude who is proficient in Excel VBA, but nothing much else...)

I trade delta neutral strategies in options and I need just LTP, Ask, Bid prices to feed into option pricing model which then serves as the basis for trading decisions.

I'm not beyond learning things from scratch if need be. It's just that when I read through the documentation of various clients offered by Zerodha at GitHub, I feel a little out of place. Can anyone help me out with my requirement or at least point me in the right direction as to what I ought to start learning?

Thanks!