when our api will be Async / await compatible for faster performance

sagarraut0007
Like suppose we have to access holding asynchronously then

kite.GetHoldingsAsync();
  • tonystark
    tonystark edited February 2018
    If the functions are async there are more chances of getting rate limited by the server. That's why we didn't add it to the library. But if you are confident that you can handle such cases you can use System.Threading.Tasks.
  • sagarraut0007
    Sorry but can you please explain me in detail what will be happen if we made Async methods ?
  • trade_then
    trade_then edited February 2018
    I think what that means is that async would amount to fire and forget. and you might have to do the same thing for every function, what we do for placing orders. i.e make it pass through a scheduler which only lets pass the number of calls/get/requests to the kite server that are allowed per second for that particular kind of query. It is not undoable. but aren`t you doing that already?
    It is not a problem if you don't intend to automate your orders. if after every async operation you are placing wait() then that defeats the purpose of async anyway. Any serious app would have to do that anyway by creating classes that would handle multi-tasking, considering the demands/features of app and restrictions of kite platform. System.Threading.Timer, Stopwatch, Task.Run, Action, etc.. are your best friends, well encapsulated in classes that would deal with their working habits.

my apologies and regards
  • sagarraut0007
    Thanks you so much for detail explanation. Appreciated your efforts :smile: