Staging env for Programmatic Access

deep_who
Is there a way I can make mock requests to the API so I'm not actually buying/selling any shares? This is just so that I can test my stra
  • trade_then
    trade_then edited March 2018
    Sure you can.. currently in four ways. until we have sandbox provided.

1. Just make sure you are testing your strategy on holidays. that way all your orders would be rejected. and cause you no financial harm.

2. On trading days. Make sure the price of orders you place is such that your order gets rejected. i.e mock your prices to be above or below circuit limit of the day of that particular scrip. if you don't have access to circuit limit price. then for equities make order price 20% (-+) of the opening price of the day.

3. Test your strategy with just 1 share quantity. that way even if loss happens it will be very small. if done for intraday trade. but this can be done only with equities. not with Future and options, since you have to trade them in lot sizes

4. Make your own sandbox. store tick data from Kite to you disk. and test your strategy with previously stored data. .i.e instead of flashing orders to Kite platform. fire orders to your sandbox. which will check prices with your previously stored data and do the needful.

Thanks
    Regards