Redirect URL

soumyadeep
Hello experts,
I want to use the developer's account to make a program in python that can get live data feed and fire orders through the APIs.
I want to do that via my Linux terminal. Do I need to give an url for redirection? I actually didnt understand why do I need to give them an url for redirection. I dont have a website of my own.
Please let me know if I understood incorrectly.
Thanks
Soumya
  • Kailash
    @soumyadeep Yes, you'll still need a redirect url. Please read this https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#mobile-and-desktop-apps
  • soumyadeep
    soumyadeep edited July 2016
    Hi Kailash,
    I read the link that you mentioned.
    I am quite new to HTTP REST etc. I code in python but only limitedly. I use selenium for using Mozilla firefox. It will be much better if you kindly guide me for what actually I need to do. Do I need to buy a web domain to use the url? or do I need to give my ip address or what do I need to put there in redirect url?
    Thanks
    Soumya
  • Kailash
    @soumyadeep I am afraid such explaining the fundamentals of web development will be out of scope.

That said, you needn't buy a domain. You can host a local web app and supply 127.0.0.1 as your redirect url. If you're using Selenium, you can provide any random redirect_url basically, and detect the change and extract the request_token with Selenium.