Does streaming provides every tick data without request for every TICK

sameer
Hi Kailash,
Thanks for prompt reply.
1) I tried reading streaming API. It seems like its based on request-response mechanism where for every data point I need to make request over WebSocket.

Is there any way where I can consume(kite server pushes) every tick of data on client side over open web socket connection without me explicitly sending "request" for "each tick data".
So I just need to open connection, make ONE request at the start and now every tick data point will be streamed to client(without making request for every tick)

2) Since processing could be slower on client side, does Python/PHP/Java libraries provide buffering mechanism for tick level data ?

Regards
Sameer
  • Kailash
    1) You request only *once* obviously! It's streaming pub-sub API, not request-response.

2) WebSocket internally may be buffered, but if you want to explicitly buffer and wait, you have to implement your own queuing mechanism.
  • sameer
    Hi Kailash,
    So I guess "by default" we get every tick point over channel. What if I want SUMMARY(OHLVC-Candle) of data over some interval like after every 5 sec and dont want every tick MAYBE becauze I have slow processor at client side and limited buffer. I dont see any param to specify that in URL ... Please correct me if I am wrong. I see MODE can decrease size of data but does not decreases frequency, its still per tick data
  • Kailash
    @sameer It's not possible to change frequency. You should set mode to 'full' and accept every tick and discard the rest.

I seriously doubt this will impact your bandwidth or system. Streaming quotes for 100 instruments should be 1/1000th the bandwidth+cpu usage of playing a Youtube video. Kite WebSocket streams use very little bandwidth.