Access token issues

abhishek01
Hi, I have successfully obtained the request token, but when I send a request for the access token, the response is

{"status": "error", "message": "That API call is not allowed for the authenticated user", "error_type": "PermissionException"}

This error appears both with the python client method and a direct request sent using Python requests Library.

Please let me know what is the issue and how to resolve it. The documentation does not seem to provide any info regarding this.

thanks
  • Kailash
    Hi Abhishek, can you check again? We just flushed the credentials with your Zerodha ID on file.
  • abhishek01
    Thanks Kailash, it is working perfectly now. I had a few more queries:
    1. Is there a way to know the validity of the current access_token, or would it be better to just create a new one every day. Also I suppose the validity is at least one day long
    2. The documentation mentions that the api enforces rate limiting. So, what is the maximum number of api requests a client can send / sec, so that we can ensure not to cross this limit ourselves.
    3. Also is the backtesting api live, wanted to try it out too.

Also finally thanks again, this looks like it can be a very good product.
  • Kailash
    1) The system flushes all tokens in the morning at around 8.30 AM. It's best to refresh the token every day. We're working on making long-standing tokens available, but it'll take some time.

2) Rate limiting should only kick in if a particular client is pegging system resources exclusively. Even many thousand requests per minute should not be a problem.

3) Historical data APIs are almost ready. It should be out in a few days.

Thanks! We're working really hard on the Kite Connect ecosystem and have a lot of exciting things planned.
This discussion has been closed.