Custom API clients could learn from Kite to resolve reliability issues

vineet_dhandhania
I read through nearly all the 900+ forum threads. As a prospective customer of your API subscription, I am scared to find so many complains on reliability. I'd imagine many prospective customers could get turned away by the reliability concerns raised.

Please help with the following to allay/reinforce our concerns:
  1. First please confirm that the Kite web trading client (developed by you) is indeed using the same set of APIs that the rest of us are using.
  2. Second, other than our poor tech skills, are there any reasons why Kite could be more reliable than our custom trading clients? If there is none then we will know that it is possible to make our clients as reliable as kite.
  3. Kite reliability hacks - Could you please share the things you might be doing in kite to make it reliable, for example - reattempt something when something goes wrong, etc. We could do similar things in our API clients.
  4. Kite architecture and technology - Ideally, please share the architecture of Kite and other details like what technologies you use? Do you use multi-threading / multi-processing. If yes for what? Do you use websockets for orders? Do you poll orders / margins / positions? Other info...
The above are valid concerns for all current and prospective API users. So I hope you will answer them with due care.

Thanks!
Tagged:
  • vineet_dhandhania
    @Zerodha team:

Today, when I placed an order at around 3:21 pm, there was a momentary error. I guess it was because the order queue was choking from automated exits of intra-day orders being done by Zerodha's systems. Interestingly, my order which threw an error for a moment got successfully placed on its own immediately after flashing the error message.

Was it taken care of by the backend or Kite? If it was done by Kite then please share how Kite handles such errors and rectifies the situation, so that we can do the same in our API client systems.... similarly also share information about other situations that Kite handles.

The above is an example of things you could share with us so that we can improve the reliability of our API client systems.

Thank you.