Have you witnessed any technical issue from this API ?, What have you done then ?

Shabeershah2002
Dear Developers.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask you developers to share your ideas to stay safe during unexpected technical issue from Zerodha or from their vendors !

The reason i am asking is that you may be aware there was a websocket data issue on 9th Jul at around 3:00 PM that all of us received wrong price (i am referring to this thread ) and many of us had algo issues as well as database issue etc.. , i was working on a strategy couple of months ago and it collapsed that day just because of their technical issue, in fact it didnt collapse but it appears like that because of mixed wrong data received thru Websocket, i was lucky that have not started it live but a kind of testing is going on with live data, i was wondering what would have happened if it was live !!!!,
We have raised this issue on this board and they came up with nothing , this is our money gonna lose because of their problems , and by this incident we can see that its not serious issue for them as they have not given any update, hence not sure if they are going to do anything to prevent such incident.

It is obvious that technical issue will happen , we cannot run away from it but we need to learn from it and take steps to be on safe side when it comes next time , something like tsunami alert ;)
I have witnessed only this technical issue which could have ended up a huge financial implication but luckily nothing happened , there may be some other issue you had faced and you may already have taken necessary steps in your application/development, i am requesting you to share that incident and what precaution you have taken to prevent it in the future.
For this particular incident that received wrong data from websocket i have seen the ExchangeTimeStamp and LastTradeTimeStamp was some other old date so to avoid such thing happening in the future i have implemented a logic in my application to verify these two timestamps and confirm this is latest data , i believe for some extend this will help me to detect this issue again.