Webhook scenario

gully
gully edited August 2016 in General
For this discussion let us assume that I am firing API as well as changing the same order from the Kite User Interface(UI).
1.I place an order from the API and then modify the same order from Kite UI. Assuming the order gets executed do I receive a webhook call?
2. I place an order from Kite UI and then somehow I get hold of the nestId(orderId or any identity of the order) and I modify the same order via API .Assuming the order gets executed do I receive a webhook call?
  • Kailash
    Kailash edited August 2016
    @gully Yes, you will get postbacks under both the scenarios.
  • gully
    @Kailash for third scenario

3. If I just place an order from the Kite UI and not from the API, do I expect a webhook call?
  • Kailash
    @gully my apologies, the above answer is incorrect.

You will only get postbacks for orders that are *placed* through the API. You can modify an order using Kite web, as long as it was placed originally through the API.

Postbacks work based on your api_key and there's no concept of api_keys in Kite web.
  • gully
    with new API changes will this limitation be solved?
    Also are there any architecture documents-ACDs is particular,it just helps from a developer point of view to get the whole picture of landscape and therefore discussion gets easier :smile:
  • Kailash
    @gully This is not a limitation in the first place. Postback URLs are registered to your api_key, not your Zerodha user_id. So, only orders originating from your api_key (irrespective of the user_id) can go as postbacks.

Right now, the documentation itself serves as the architecture document, broadly. Let me see what more can be added.
This discussion has been closed.