Extending Kite UI or the order management as a open source component?

gully
What if I want to add few text boxes with some client side logic and modify few other stuff for a UI of my choice?
I see that kite UI javascript code is minified(app.min.js). Any plans to open source the UI? Atleast the order management part? This would enable developers for a less development time for a UI which is already build.
  • Kailash
    @gully This is actually something we have been contemplating for a while now. However, as it stands, the UI architecture itself is not extensible. We may do this at some point in the future.
  • gully
    @Kailash then for the time being can the app.min.js file be sent to the client un-minified? How would this help?
    I can extend the js to write my logic on top of file or use a content script or fiddler script to modify its contents . This wont be a security threat anyways to Kite Server as I assume all the APIs are anyways secure prone- the UI layer is just an abstraction.
  • Kailash
    @gully app.min.js is a bundle comprised of many dozen smaller Angular modules. Not sure how easy it'll be to extend it. Let me see if I can send you an unminified app.js
  • gully
    @Kailash i have already figured out the extension point in the file, if the file is sent un-minified I can make it work.