Kite Service has really started to suck now! Not a happy customer!

phantomdrake
The Service has been down since last 2 days and no one cares for the issue being raised. The whole development for anything is completely wasted!
  • toughguy
    toughguy edited January 2019
    Dear Zerodha Team,
    It would really help if you can update on the service outage or maintenance windows. I understand that you would need sometime for the platform maintenance, but please keep us informed. Small retail traders like me who are working on automation of our strategies would be impacted with unannounced outages.

Hope this will be considered in the future atleast.

After lot of struggle, I have finished coding my strategy, running it live for the last few weeks and wanted to work on few tweaks for next week and I am impacted because of the outage!!!

Thanks,
  • Yashbh
    I second that. This is ridiculous. First you charge an exorbitant amount for the historical api/kite api, then there are outages like anything. The api has been out for the last 6 hrs and i don't see any announcements anywhere regarding when it will be back up. Same thing was happening yesterday.
  • phantomdrake
    Yes Yashbh I also agree that Zerodha is charging so much extra for such poorly performing API.
  • chinmay
    I am not yet using Kite API, will soon start. But by reading the above comments, maybe Kite developers should consider adding a status page like that of Firebase where any issue or outage is made public so users can know if something is currently down.
    https://status.firebase.google.com/
  • rishiswethan
    I like to download historical data, develop and test the working of placing orders, etc after market hours, maybe sometimes at night in which it's down for about 4 hours. If there are so many outages, I'm being forced to move to other platforms. The product itself is good, but, reliability is not up to the mark, especially for the price they change. Historical API costs 200rs a month and is down for 4 hrs in the night and other times randomly. This is ridiculous. I hope services improve in the future