Change of lot size informations

gully
Hi,

Today there was a change of lot size.Abruptly in the middle of the week. HindPetro in the middle of the week changed its lot size from 700 to 2100(due to share split!-Who cares!!). Now I know how to get this information from /instruments would give me this dump. What i donot know is when to call this API? Calling this once a day is too much of a labor. Is there any notification from Kite end(not necessarily KiteApi) where I would know in advance that some scrip has changed its metadata?

Thanks
  • Kailash
    Hi @gully -- Lot size changes happen abruptly and we do not get any realtime notifications ourselves, even as brokers. We have to rely on ad-hoc PDF circulars published by the exchanges.

Hence, the most authoritative way of getting these changes is relying on the exchange instrument masters (which is what you get from the /instruments) call. Ideally, you should do this once a day (automate it) before market opening.
  • gully
    @Kailash thanks..i will automate it. One further question. The dump that we get from the /instruments is it updated by any system at the backend/exchange or after such a circular that lot size has changed someone manually updates the csv? What is the exact procedure happening beyond the APIs?
  • Kailash
    The exchanges publish the master files every morning, which we source and combine into a unified format. It's basically a cron job, hence automated.