Any advice for a complete Newbie

indrakshi
Namaste,

Gosh Darn .,!!! This is exciting !!!! Have been waiting for years for something like Zerodha to happen in our country.

I have been trying to make my own trading systems that operate and automate order placements based on my research. These are my newbie questions...,

1. I can use this Kite Connect (stuff..) and write my own code (learning python for this) ...., and automatically place orders, rewrite orders, cancel ., etc ..., from my trading computer .., through this kite connect/bride and into the main kite/marketplace ..., Am i correct on this?

2. If so ..., i understand that i can plug in the data from zerodha to my computer ..., run my program analysis and based my logic, send buy and sell triggers directly ...,

3. Is there any detailed step by step guidance on how to go about this? for example step one ..., Learn to Get the Data First .., Step Two .., view your limits .., Step Three.., place the orders this way ...,

sorry for the outright kindergarten questions ..., please help ...,

with regards,
Bhavesh.K.Joshi
Tagged:
  • chaudhariapurva
    chaudhariapurva edited October 2016

1) yes
    2)yes
    3)you have to write out your trading plan and implement it.This may involve many things.
    If you like you can post a simple buy sell strategy ill tell you the steps that you can take.
  • indrakshi
    Namaste,

Wow .., did not expect such a fast reply .., thanks for the reply chaudhariapurva,

For now - thanks to you - i know what is possible ..., (and a long long road ahead for me)

Any help or sample code in showing me how to actually connect to the bridge (or previous discussions if any) ..., would be of good help ..,

Days to come .., i shall put up a simple buy / sell strategy and will ask for the code steps ..,

many thanks for the reply ..,
  • chaudhariapurva
    you can use zerodhas official python library - https://github.com/rainmattertech/pykiteconnect
    I made a library in c# you can check it out here -https://github.com/apurvaChaudhari/KiteCore

This discussion has been closed.