Mini terminal with Python

adk228
Hi,

I have been a Zerodha user for quite some time now. Over a period of time, I have made many people migrate to Zerodha from their conventional high brokerage brokers. I have now started managing portfolios for people on their behalf. I am exploring making a Python client which will be something similar like a mini-terminal. I require the following clarifications:

1. Punch orders on behalf of multiple people(having Zerodha accounts). Is this possible through your API?
2. Is there any other authentication mechanism for getting backend access to a client's account? Or I have to ask the clients for their ID/Password which is used for frontend Kite access?

I am relatively new to the world of programming. If you can answer my queries satisfactorily, I intend to register for Kite Connect.

Best,
AK
  • Imran
    hii @adk228
    Punch orders on behalf of multiple people(having Zerodha accounts). Is this possible through your API?
    Yes, that can be done through the api.
    2. Is there any other authentication mechanism for getting backend access to a client's account? Or I have to ask the clients for their ID/Password which is used for frontend Kite access?
    Yes, Id/password is required for authentication.