Attended quantinsti webinar, but have few queries about automating trading.

arunk
The webinar was excellent, however, was not exhaustive enough to paint a clear picture about using kite connect for algorithmic trading. Can zerodha provide a basic 2 Moving average crossover complete strategy code that can hypothetically be used to by any to trade live algorithmically. Also, an video on how to execute it so that the program is continuously being run to look for opportunities. In quantopian, there is function being called automatically for every tick, but I am unable to wrap my ahead around how this can be done in kiteconnect.
  • Kailash
    @arunk Kite Connect is purely an execution library (place/manage orders, retrieve positions and holdings, stream live data etc.). Any sort of strategies or analysis, you have to develop on your own in whatever language you prefer (Python will make it seamless), from which you interact with Kite Connect to place orders.
  • arunk
    @Kailash Yes, I understand the strategies need to be implemented by me. I am just asking for a sample end to end code in python that can be used for live trading directly. Similar to what IB provides or quantopian provides.

They have given a sample code and how to execute it, that if we wish we ca go live with it.