Downloaded .NET API Client does not compile

aasimenator
Hi, I am new here and a new developer as well.

I am testing out the KiteConnect .Net Library from GitHub, I downloaded the entire git package to my Windows PC which also has Visual Studio 2019 Professional.
I launched the solution, ran "Restore NuGet Package". I also added the KiteConnect.dll to KiteConnect project.
When I ran "Build" I am getting 700+ Warnings (attached)

How can I fix these and get the code working. Also this is just the KiteConnect project I haven't tried the sample or Test projects

Thanks in Advance for help
  • trade_then
    trade_then edited June 2020

Kiteconnect has no external dependencies

KiteConnectSample project includes reference of Kiteconnect via

KiteConnectTest also does the same for referencing Kiteconnect

So where and why are you referencing Kiteconnect.dll

Warnings can be ignored because they are mostly about code formatting. like
    missing of comments etc. in your file it shows that project did compile without errors.

The project is supposed to build Kiteconnect.dll for you. which you can use further in
    projects external to Kiteconnect.
    not internally in Kiteconnect that would result in ambiguity and further down the line errors.

Thanks
    Regards
  • aasimenator
    Ok Sorry I was confused with the documentation providing the Kiteconnect.dll file as a separate step and no mention that its not required if you are building the solution.

So I started clean again, and suppressed the error "1591" regarding the missing comments but there are still more warning which I am not sure about

should I ignore them as well?
  • trade_then
    from the picture you have provided they all are still comments related.
    you can ignore such warnings, and worry only when your project does not compile successfully.
    if you understand the implication of a warning then you can correct it yourself. or if something is of
    prominence it will emerge during testing your app.

From what you have shown until now they are all harmless, code formatting related warnings.

Thanks
    Regards