Kite Web: Multiple Issues with Volume/Candle Data Chart

charuvindatre
charuvindatre edited November 2016 in General
There are multiple issues with the volume/candle data that I have found:

1) As you open the chart (say the time is 10:15:10 am) say the volume being showed is around 30k. As you refresh the page again, it starts the volume count from zero for 10:15. Say the volume now reaches 20k. If I refresh the page at 10:16 am, the volume will be more than 50k (30k + 20k). I am suspecting that the historical data is queried till 10:14 am and for 10:15 it gives the delta of volume from the time the page was refreshed from(this must be derived from websocketconnection). This means that if the page was refreshed at 10:15:30 am, the volume data and ltp candle data for the period between 10:15:00 am and 10:15:29 am won't be displayed/accounted for.

This explains huge gap between subsequent candles, which do not show up on other platforms.

2) While operating kite connect from multiple tabs, the volume data does get perfectly displayed for the last minute, but for the upcoming minutes, it stops displaying. Only one tab shows correct data, rest do not display volume at all. A lot of my trades take volume as input and this is a nuisance as I am unable to operate with multiple tabs.

3) This is more of a design issue. A lot of traders do volumetric analysis just before placing an order. Now if someone wishes to place an order, the window appears above the volume data, thereby completely overlapping it. I know the chart can be moved up/sideways, but other data gets overlapped. Please find a good alternative to this.
You can make the window draggable, or you can insert a dropdown window below the marketwatch tab.

Please don't suggest that I can open the window when I need to place the order, time is of essence here.

I have explained above issues here via screenshots, have a look: http://imgur.com/a/h8RWu

@Kailash @vivek please look into this asap.

This discussion has been closed.