PRICE at which order is getting placed.

hasija0512
Hi,
I am trying to place a cover order with the parameter 'order_type=kite.ORDER_TYPE_MARKET', but I also need to pass the 'trigger_price'.
Is there any way to know at which price the order is going to take place so that I take that price and set the trigger_price in the place order command.

Thanks,
Himanshu Hasija
  • kiteapi
    It is similar to how you are placing the same CO order manually, you see the terminal and place the market order with trigger_price on Kite, same way take the Quote/price snapshot just before you send order. Based the quote received you need to set your trigger_price, which is what you do manually isn't it?
  • hasija0512
    Let me be more precise:
    I am getting the live ticks for an instrument token (lets say '123456'). Based on this tick data, I am deriving something and when it gives me a signal I'll have to place an order for some other instrument token (lets say '98765') .

So my question is I have the live price of my first token ('123456') but I am placing an order on the other token ('98765'). Is there any way to get the last_price of this second token while my main ticks are running in a loop?

I hope I am able to explain my concern here.
  • kiteapi
    Before you place an order for other token 98765, "just before" you call kite.place_order for token 98765, do a kite.quote for your other token 98765, get the LTP/depth from there, place the order accordingly.

Also, I see lot of people tend to use live ticks (webStream, using kiteTicker), but check if you really need it, check if getting the LTP once in 10 secs or something like that would do. This is optional, the above thing should solve your issue.