NSE mock session

kapilaggr
Hi all,

I had planned testing my stategy on NSE mock session last Saturday (8th Aug); however, was surprised to find that access to same was not available anymore (don't know about recent months but atleast at beginning of year zerodha was providing this). On raising it to support, I got this response. Kindly someone help me make sense of it:

"We would like to inform you that if we will allow the Mock trading session to our clients then all the Holdings and Positions will changes as per the Mock trading ticks. Many clients had faced issue because of the same hence we won't allow."

Why should mock session not be provided to clients with Kite Developer subscription and who require it to test their strategies before being live.

Looking forward to inputs.
  • cuckoo
    As I understand, mock trading is for brokers to test changes in exchange platform. It is not for clients.

Zerodha reply you received seems to imply that holdings and positions data is somehow affected when clients make a trade.
  • kapilaggr
    Yes, the question here was they were providing it earlier and abruptly ended. The above reason just din't seem to make adequate sense to stop what is useful if not outright necessary service (already in place) for Kite Developers. Why end a good thing for clients is my question!

PS: I already know primary reason for mock sessions from exchange/broker perspective
  • themohammedfaisal
    @kapilaggr,

The response you received from the support agent doesn't seem to be completely accurate. While Kite has been ever-evolving with new features, we haven't had the need to participate in the mock trading session since COVID.

Also, allowing to participate in mock trading days requires that the mock trades and balance are flushed out and front and back-office changes made to ensure the platform is updated for Monday's trading session. Given the number of tasks involved and due to the WFH situation due to COVID, we will only allow participation in a mock trading session, if it is absolutely needed.