Error in List instruments = kite.GetInstruments();

Mangesh
Mangesh edited April 2021 in .Net API client
Till last week the following line was working fine

List instruments = kite.GetInstruments();

From today its giving error as follows.. What can be reason and solution for this ??

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: 'Could not load file or assembly 'CsvTextFieldParser, Version=1.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'
  • varuns
    Hi Mangesh,
    I am also getting the same issue. Is there any resolution you found for this issue? Exact error message

Thanks.
  • varuns
    varuns edited May 2021
    Hi @tonystark ,
    below is the code I am using. What could be the issue I am making here?

List fInstruments = kite.GetInstruments(Constants.EXCHANGE_NFO);

Thanks in advance
  • tonystark
    It looks like a dependency issue. How did you install library? If you did by adding DLL you have to install these additional packages yourself from Nuget. Could you try installing by Install-Package Tech.Zerodha.KiteConnect in the Nuget console?
  • varuns
    varuns edited May 2021
    Hi @tonystark

yes., Thank you. Yes I have initially downloaded kite connect dll from nuget forum.
    and while using that in my solution, I keep getting such errors. There were no such dependencies in Kite Connect 3.0.0 version. But 3.0.7 version has so many dependencies like System.Text.json and now this.

Kindly add the note in the Kite Connect documentation as such, if anyone downloading the latest version of the Kiteconnect, then to download the appropriate dependency files from nuget.org. However there is no dependency until 3.0.0

Regards,
    Varun kumar