Running KiteXL in Google Sheets

VenkateshV
@botany02
Dear Sir, is it possible to run KiteXL in Google Sheets? or any other means
Basically the idea is to be free from tied up with a particular computer.
Pls advise?

Regards
Venkatesh
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV
    You can't run KiteXL in google sheets as
    1. Functions are wrapped in DLL
    2. VBA is not directly supported

But if you are proficient in JavaScript, you can build a wrapper for Kite Connect API in Js and run in google sheets.

You can take cloud server, will be the best choice.
    Everything has own purpose and one can't replace another, google sheet/Web App may be good for limited (very) work, but they are not replacement for Excel/Desktop app. Especially in trading, if you are algo trader, desktop/server will give more options and flexible, powerful than anything.
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02
    Dear Sir Many thanks for your feedback.

on a longer run only Excel Desktop app is most reliable and having running on a cloud server would be probably a good idea, though it would add some extra cost overhead, with a reliable and consistent strategy it would certainly does a payoff.

To be honest and frank, I was in a lot much of expectation of being new KiteXL released early this January and start using it, however you did indicated some road blocks those are delaying the release.

could I expect the new KiteXL release at least by mid Feb-18?

Does this new ver supports new Kite3 orders?
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV
    Yes, the new release will incorporate all the changes of Kite3.0, and also get rid of post-back as order updates are available in web-sockets.

Hopefully, we will release in Feb 1st week.

Thanks
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02

Dear Sir,
    Many thanks for your update and would be quite eagerly ready to welcome your new KiteXL release.
    Do keep me posted with updates.

Many thanks
    Venkatesh