no ticks in premarket

hanzo
today is the first time i'm using kiteconnect v3.

in the preopen market, everything seemed fine after i connect and i received ticks over the websocket. but some time before 9:06 the ticks stopped coming. the KiteTicker object still showed that it was connected. no reconnects were attempted.

i restarted everything and after open, i am receiving ticks and there has been no drop till now.

why did my ticks stop by 9:06?
  • sgsaran
    Is 9:06 exchange time or your system time @hanzo ?
  • hanzo
    exchange time
  • hanzo
    hanzo edited May 2018
    why has no one tried to answer my query? now i'm not sure this will work tomorrow morning.
  • Shaha
    Hey buddy pre market session lasts till 9:08 only. And everyday the ticks will stop around 9:07. Check NSE website. Rest of the time is for buffer by exchange.
  • hanzo
    hanzo edited May 2018
    i know, but the ticks stopped way before 9:07. i trade the premarket auction all the time.

today also, the ticks were very slow. they're collating too many ticks. and zerodha's support is non-existent.
  • hanzo
    i'm have the same issue today as yesterday.

i have got zero help from zerodha with my issues till now.

the ticks coming in the pre open auction are collated to a ridiculous level and only very few ticks are sent. i am familiar with how much it was ticking before. i assume it's because of kite 3 since i migrated over the weekend but cannot say for sure.

• Matti
    Matti edited May 2018
    @hanzo
    In the pre-market session, there is just one trade per instrument at the equilibrium price. This happens before 9:08 AM. Nothing wrong here. Detailed explanation here.
  • hanzo
    hanzo edited May 2018
    the price during the preopen auction 9:00 AM to some time between 9:07 and 9:08, the price of each instrument keeps changings as bids and asks are added/removed.

this data is sent as ticks. the last_price field shows the latest price, even though no trades have actually happened. there is only 1 trade when the auction completes, which i don't care for. i want the tick data between 9:00 and 9:07.

i know roughly how fast the quotes should be coming in. since i have upgraded to v3, the data is too slow for me to trade.

• hanzo
    @Nikhil.A
    you took 24 hours to make a response that makes me think you didn't even read my original post, it makes so little sense.
    i replied with more details in 10 minutes.
    now i have to wait another 24 hours to get another response?
  • hanzo
    hanzo edited May 2018
    looks the wait time for developer's convenience has now moved to more than 24 hours. :) :) :) :) :)