Your tick data is too slow

hanzo
Since after upgrading to v3, the tick data in the preopen auction market is too slow to be useful.
i am getting less than 1 tick/second.

what are you guys doing on your side to slow the data this much?

why am i paying 2,000 bucks a month for the slowest tick data i have seen, and the worst support ever? i made a post about this yesterday and it was completely ignored.
Tagged:
  • rasp
    yes bro this upgrade has ruined the market data, and i''m planning to change to some other market data provider, if you know of any other data provider do tell.
  • hanzo
    i've only used Interactive Brokers. their data is excellent and cheaper. trade commissions are higher though.

but they actually provide support for their API, whereas Kite Connect: i'm told you have to wait for a developer's convenience, and for some time-pass he might answer your question.
  • razcads
    @hanzo bro.. this kite 3 update is actually a pretty decent improvement over kite 2. The ticker data is far more reliable now with all the timestamps also coming up... i guess your mileage has been different though
  • hanzo
    i think they're throttling the crap out of the data, so there are much fewer ticks and seems more reliable.

but mostly i am disappointed with the non-existent technical support. video games provide support through a forum, not financial data providers.
  • rasp
    rasp edited May 2018
    This rate Limit due to upgrade may be good for Zeodha, but not for their clients.I have found a better one and changing to it very soon.
  • naz
    @rasp can you please share the alternative which you have found - will be really helpful.
  • rasp
    rasp edited May 2018
    check http://www.bullbeardevice.com/ their data is awesome.
  • rasp
    1 tick/sec is very good for charting purpose, but lethal for algo trading.
  • rayi
    @rasp tell us more about this data vendor...how are they awesome?how fast are they? whats d price?
  • rasp
    data is expensive than zerodha 4k p/month but first month you will have to pay 10k, on benchmark i will give it 9 out of 10, prvious zerodha version 4/10, new zerodha kite (v3) 0/10 . You can ask him for a demo to show the update frequency and latency on your webbowser, he has given me a demo I yet have to buy.
  • hanzo
    has anyone tried globaldatafeeds.in ?
  • rasp
    globaldata feeds also have 1 tick/sec
  • hanzo
    i would be ok with 1 tick/sec for every scrip i am looking. but what i'm getting from zerodha preopen is way less than that at the scrip level.
  • rasp
    @ hanzo , You are algo trading in Equities, if so could you pls suggest me some strategy for equities-(if not personal), thanks.
  • hanzo
    check out this guy (a friend of mine)

he gives an example of a typical strat of his somewhere there

https://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/8hehlq/hey_rindia_i_am_a_intraday_trader_who_made_29l_in/
  • hanzo
    great news! IB is actually cheaper in commissions than Zerodha!
  • rasp
    @hanzo how much for IB data?
  • rasp
    @hanzo is it possible to only use their data API and execute orders from other broker?
  • hanzo
    yes, but you'll have to login to both every morning. i used to do that before.
    i think the data cost about Rs.1000 a month