RMS:Rule: Check circuit limit including square off order exceeds for entity account-XXXXXX across ex

xr100
xr100 edited July 2018 in General
I placed an order pcjeweller=>Limit Order=> CNC => 40 x Rs 80.00
Reject Msg:
RMS:Rule: Check circuit limit including square off order exceeds for entity account-xxxxx across exchange across segment across product

Why?
The answer i got back; Ticket #20180725998697

Dear N...,

Greetings from Zerodha!!

As per your query, Order is Rejected due to Price which is mentioned below then Lower
circuit limit.

Team Zerodha
Bhanuprakash LR

This is appalling! What is a curcuit breaker, link to the limit page... nothing.

I am at a loss for words...

Tagged:
  • Matti
    Hey @xr100,

This rejection is displayed when the order is placed outside of the exchange stipulated price bands. This price band could be 2, 5, 10 or 20% depending on the scrip. This is explained in more detail here.
  • xr100
    @Nikhil.A Thanks for your help.

Following the links i was able to decipher my problem. Hope it helps someone...

According to NSE page, curcuit breaker is index based, market-wide

In my instance, it was not circuit breaker but script price band. NSE states that "In order to prevent members from entering orders at non-genuine prices in such securities, the Exchange has fixed operating range of 10%. "

I wish there was a link out with the error message pointing to resources page explaining the error, something like MS knowledge base (kb error#), where one can look-up error codes

Anyway, thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.