Publisher Plugin - Do I get a callback after order execution?

vivek_krishna
Hello,

I have a 'KITE CONNECT + PUBLISHER' developer account, and am currently using the Publisher plugin for user login + order placement flow.
My understanding was that I get a callback on the 'Redirect URL' once the order placement is complete, from where I can extract the 'request_token' (to be used for using the Connect APIs for getting the user's position/holding.)

Currently, the order is getting placed successfully, but I do not receive a callback.
Can you please confirm my understanding that a callback will be received on the 'Redirect URL' even when the Publisher JS plugin is used?

Thanks,
Vivek Krishna
  • vivek_krishna
    @Kailash, thanks that worked nicely! I overlooked that piece of code unfortunately. Thanks for such a quick response.
    Another question: Is there a way I can pass an ID (or marker) while placing the order?
    Here is the use-case:
    1. I place an order with the marker 'viv'.
    2. I query for the user's Holdings/Positions, and can then filter out those stocks which have the 'viv' marker.

Is something like this supported?

Thanks,
    Vivek
  • Kailash
    Hi Vivek,
    Unfortunately this is not supported (due to the dynamics of holdings and positions in the system). You can maintain a map of orders you've placed at your end and tally it against the holdings and positions though.
  • vivek_krishna
    Thanks @Kailash.
    I have all I need now. Thanks for help.
  • madhav
    @Kailash

I understand positions are dynamic but can we have a id/ marker only for holdings like strategy id ?

Here is an example of the problem we would face:

if a customer places an order in Infy through our app and same customer has infy existing in his holdings. How do we understand which infy holding is through our app ( for avg price , quantity) ? Also we find order id also missing in holdings.

So we need to know the holdings wrt average price for the infy holding created through our app. How do we do that? Also while selling through app, how is the quantity(lot selection) selected if there is no strategy Id
  • Kailash
    @madhav This is not possible currently. Like smallcase.com has done, you will have to maintain a parallel portfolio at your end and tally and figure our the discrepancies.
This discussion has been closed.