Limit order as 0 is broken

enliyo
For a long time I have been using limit 0 as market order. This is documented in one of the Zerodha's support portal as well that if limit order is placed with 0 price, it is considered as market order. See https://support.zerodha.com/category/trading-and-markets/margin-leverage-and-product-and-order-types/articles/what-are-limit-and-market-orders, which says "When placing Limit orders, if you enter the price as 0, the order will execute as a market order."

When I am placing limit 0 price orders for Nifty options through Kite Nodejs client, I am receiving API error "Your order price is lower than the current lower circuit limit of 0.05. Place an order within the daily range". I think this feature broke sometime yesterday. It was definitely working on Friday.

Please fix.
  • themohammedfaisal
    @enliyo,
    We've made this change recently that does not allow Limit order at 0 to be placed as a Market order. You would need to make changes to your order placement piece by passing the order type as Market.
  • enliyo
    Thanks for clarification. I have request for this. Can you please publish the changelog about the changes where you deviate from your own documentation so that traders can adjust the systems *not during market hours* please? This has pained me many times during market hours and you keep changing the API without any intimation.
  • rishiswethan
    A simple email to an opt-in simple email list for changes would really help. An unannounced change is my biggest concern too...
  • themohammedfaisal
    @enliyo,
    We'll publish a changelog going forward. Will ensure these changes happen over the weekend so that there is sufficient time for you to update.
  • enliyo
    Thanks! Appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.