Enable tick data log in kiteXL

madhukar
how to enable tick data storage in default folder: [APPDIR]\KiteNet\[DDMMMYYYY]\TickData\[SYMBOL].txt

tried this , doesnt seem to work
Public Property Get LogTicks() As Boolean
Kite.LogTicks = True
End Property
  • HowUTrade
    @madhukar

You are just creating a new property.
    You have to set the property at the time of Kite initialization.

Ex:
    Public Kite As New Kite
    Kite.LogTicks = True
  • madhukar
    madhukar edited October 2018
    thanks for replay @HowUTrade
    since last 2 months i have learned lot about VBA but struggling to store tick data

should my my VBA look like this....

Public Kite As New Kite

Public Property Get LogTicks() As Boolean
    Kite.LogTicks = True
    End Property

or

Option Explicit
    Public Kite As New Kite

Public Function LogTicks() As Boolean
    Kite.LogTicks = True
    End Function
    or

Option Explicit
    Public Kite As New Kite

Private sub Workbook_open()
    Dim LogTicks As Boolean
    Kite.LogTicks = True
    End Sub

does this code need to be placed in this "Workbook" to run it at excel open time

right now i am using scripting dictionary to store data every one minute for 200+ stocks while retriving and writing it to excel it some times takes more than 1 minute....

so i was wondering if storing this tick data in text file and reading this stored data and writing it to excel for say, last 15 min , would be efficient method ?

i also plan to run getSnapQuote function every 1 minute for 200+ scripts....

and see which method is most efficient
  • madhukar
    Worked!
    Option Explicit
    Public Kite As New Kite

Public Function LogTicks() As Boolean
    Kite.LogTicks = True
    End Function
  • madhukar
    now only Question is will reading this data from text file and writing it to excel for more than 200 scrips will be efficient process or not?
  • HowUTrade
    @madhukar

If you are doing it once, then no issue.
    But if you write continuously on real-time , then excel will hang/crash as it is mostly single threaded.
  • madhukar
    I used Excel query to read bottom 2000 lines of ticks from text file and transformed the way I want to , when I refresh the query it loads pretty much fast but it doesn't evaluate the next bottom ticks , it's the same lines of ticks when query was created...any workaround to get the bottom 2000 ticks every time I refresh the query!
  • madhukar
    madhukar edited November 2018
    As i said, i tried looping getSnapQuote and i got error throttle limit exceded error! It means i can not snapequote multiple scrips? @HowUTrade
  • sizzmht
    hi, i did not find this property LogTicks in C# code sample, could you please share code snippet to store tick data on file system, thanks
  • madhukar
    Sorry I am using Excel and VBA! Don't know C#!
  • sizzmht
    hi, i did not find this property LogTicks in C# code sample, could you please share code snippet to store tick data on file system, thanks @HowUTrade
  • HowUTrade
    @sizzmht

Looks like you searching in the wrong place.
    Are you using KiteNet or https://github.com/zerodhatech/dotnetkiteconnect/tree/kite3
  • raaghu
    Hi, i had enabled tick data in kitexl settings->enable tick log, but even after that tick data is not available in default folder.
    Please let me know what else i need to do , thanks in advance