Regarding Total Bid Qty & Total Ask Qty

nagaraja0y
Is there any API to get the total Bid Qty & Total Ask Qty ?
  • Kailash
    You can use the market/instruments API for this.
  • nagaraja0y
    I understand /instruments/:exchange/:tradingsymbol api gives only last 5 best bid & ask prices & their quantities. What I need is total Bid Qty & Total Ask Qty. What I need is Grand Totals Bid Qty & Ask Qty displayed under Market Depth in Kite. Please Clarify..
  • nagaraja0y
    I want to subscribe the Kite Connect API for Individuals. Before I subscribe, I need the right information related Total Bid Qty & Total Ask Qty. Please clarify this in detail as early as possible..
  • Kailash
    The `buy_quantity` and `sell_quantity` fields are what you're looking for. The `instruments` call has many other fields in addition to top 5 bid and asks.
  • nagaraja0y
    s32.postimg.org/zenqzugkl/market_watch.png

No, I am not looking already bought & sold qunatitiy. I am looking for bid qty & ask qty. You can look at the image and it details you what I was looking for.. This is an image taken from Kite.
  • Kailash
    Kailash edited May 2016
    These are not past trades but the sum of open buys and sells. Here's the excerpt from the exchange documentation.
    TotalBuyQuantity This field contains the total quantity of buy orders in a security.

TotalSellQuantity This field contains the total quantity of sell orders in a security.
  • nagaraja0y
    Thanks so much Kailash for the information.. I will try to use the API and if any doubts will revert back to you..
  • prakash.jj
    @Kailash @vivek here in this documentation https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v1/#retrieving-full-instrument-list

Buy quantity and sell quantity are referred as total bought and sold quantity. Isn't it misleading.

Can you please confirm if it's pending disclosed qty or of the past trades?
  • Kailash
    It's bought and sold. It's a little ambiguous, but we've stuck to the terms exchanges use to maintain consistency.
  • prakash.jj
    @Kailash so if it's bought and sold, shouldn't the qty be same? How will the qty different for buying and selling... Shouldn't there be a equal number of buying qty to selling qty?
  • Kailash
    @prakash.jj Let me clarify this with the exchange and get back.
  • prakash.jj
    @Kailash not sure if it helps but noticed that the sell qty became less after sometime.....so I think it's the total pending qty.... But if possible please confirm with proper source....
  • charuvindatre
    charuvindatre edited October 2016
    @prakash.jj Total buy/ sell "quantity" represents total pending limit orders in the system. In case you wish to know total sold and bought shares, it is simply equal to the volume traded.
  • Kailash
    Apologies, it was an error on our part. Here's the language from the exchange documentation. We've updated our API docs accordingly.
    TotalBuyQuantity This field contains the total quantity of buy orders in a security.
    TotalSellQuantity This field contains the total quantity of sell orders in a security.
  • prakash.jj
    Thank you for the clarification.
This discussion has been closed.