Was unable to square off long position in BPCL today due to circuit limitation

enliyo
I had long position in BPCL today and was in good profits, wanted to book so placed market orders couple of times between 10:25 to 10:30 AM today. All orders were rejected by API with error message - Price exceeds circuit limits for the instrument. Place an order within the daily range.

I understand the error message but what I do not understand is that, the circuit limit was much lower than then LTP and there was active trading happening apparently as LTP kept changing and stock was moving outside the circuit limit. How was that even possible?

Is it safe to assume that Kite APIs were misbehaving and caused my orders not to go through?
Tagged:
  • themohammedfaisal
    @enliyo,
    Once BPCL hit circuit limits, the circuit was revised after the cool-down period by the exchange, however, the updated circuit limits were not captured by our system which would have caused this. This was fixed almost immediately when we received more ticks from the exchange.
  • enliyo
    That was definitely not fixed immediately. I fiddled with orders for good 10-15 mins to place order. How much is the cooldown period that you mentioned?
  • themohammedfaisal
    How much is the cooldown period that you mentioned?
    We've seen different cooldown periods from the exchange at different times. We'll get back to you with more clarity from the exchange.
    For instance, IndusInd Bank circuits were revised almost immediately today.