Apparently Tatamotors data not adjusted for split in 2003

tejasd
I looked at the all time chart of Tatamotors and noticed an abrupt price change from ~160 to ~30 Rs at the beginning of 2003. The volume also changes from ~46M to ~230M. This looks like a split/bonus which was not normalized. On google, there is no such abrupt change in price. Can you confirm and correct if required? I have attached both the images.

Also, I was wondering how many more such adjustments might be remaining in old/new data? I saw for some of the recent splits, the data appears normalized.
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited April 2022
    I looked at the all-time chart of Tatamotors and noticed an abrupt price change from ~160 to ~30 Rs at the beginning of 2003.
    This is for the corporate action of Tata motors
    12 Sep 2011 ....... Stock Split From Rs.10/- to Rs.2/-
    So, all prices are adjusted by the factor of 5. And you are seeing it from 2003 because we adjusted corporation only from 2003 onwards for this contract. We are checking on this.
    Also, I was wondering how many more such adjustments might be remaining in old/new data?
    We have adjusted all corporate action data, but still, if you find any missed discrepancy you can let us know.
  • tejasd
    ok thanks @rakeshr .
    What is the reason for corporate actions prior to 2003 not been adjusted?
    And do you have a list of such actions which have NOT been adjusted, otherwise it is very difficult for us to find out and adjust ourselves, and will give wrong analysis.
  • rakeshr
    We have done the corporate action adjustment of split and bonus for this contract since the start. You can check the same.