Zerodha historical api doesnt work highly unstable rather doesnt work on weekends.

avinashsringeri
Historical data api doesn't work on weekends. I been noticing it consistently. I am not hitting your APIs heavy. I have a sleep of 4 seconds for every http request I make even then it fails. We do some development during weekends we need these APIs. Interactive broker charges less than your brokerage for historical data they do a good job. Atleast send us a notification stating how long your API won't be available. Why can't you guys give two different kinds of error messages - one for server being busy(which I seriously doubt) and the other invalid request parameters or no data found . So with this message we will be sure whats wrong. Combining everything under one message is lame.

No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. CENTRAL DEPO SER (I) CDSL
No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. ADITYA BIRLA MONEY BIRLAMONEY
No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. GPT INFRAPROJECTS GPTINFRA
No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. DEEPAK FERTILIZERS & PETR DEEPAKFERT
No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. ENDURANCE TECHNO. ENDURANCE
No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. ENGINEERS INDIA ENGINERSIN
No candles found based on token and time and candleType or Server busy. ESSAR SHIPPING ESSARSHPNG

• Kailash
    @avinashsringeri The historical data comes from a different source, hence the inconsistent error messages. Let me escalate this with them.
  • avinashsringeri
    I am paying to Zerodha and they have to fix. How you folks deal with third, fourth/fifth party is your business. I hope you understand the primary problem is "Historical API" is not functioning for last 3 days!!
  • nikhilR
    nikhilR edited September 2017
    @avinashsringeri, this issue is now fixed. We had some issues with one of our services. We are investigating the same. Apologies for the inconvenience.