subscribed quotes value is 0

zeeshan
Hi Botany,
i use excell 2016, and from 3 days, i an not able to see value in subscribed quotes in market watch, in kitexl.
its showing all values as zero, for all the symbols. it was working fine, suddenly this is happening.

i was doing live trading, from kitexl, and my trading has been interrupted, because of this issue, please help me resolve it.

Thank you,
  • zeeshan
    Anyone else facing this issue with kitexl ?
  • botany02
    @zeeshan
    Try running the excel as Admin.
    Bcoz RTD uses UDP connection to transfer data.
  • zeeshan
    tried doing that, still same problem.
  • zeeshan
    i am facing this issue from last 2 days only, it was working fine before that. i reinstalled my windows and office 2016, both are 64 bit. after reinstall, i am facing this issue.
  • botany02
    @zeeshan
    What's your earlier setup? ie OS & Excel version and bit?
  • zeeshan
    @botany02 , it was the same. windows 10 and office 2016, both 64 bit.
  • zeeshan
    Hi @botany02 , i installed office 2013, and the problem was fixed. now its working fine. thank you, also the excecll becomes slow, and lags in the market opening hours, and freezes for a few mins ,sometimes. any possible fix for this ?
  • botany02
    botany02 edited October 2017
    @zeeshan
    As you already know, excel is single threaded.
    So when you get more quotes during volatility, excel may temporarily hang.
    No way we can avoid it, but we can reduce it by removing unnecessary formula, getting RTD only for absolutely necessary field's etc.

But you know excel is holy grail for Trading.
  • zeeshan
    @botany02 , thanks, will try doing that, and reduce the unnecessary calculations.

And rightly said, nothin to beat excell for trading, and a big thanks to you and your team, for kitexl, i was able to implement my strategies, which i had been working on from 2 years. it was finally possible, coz of kitexl.

Thank you,
This discussion has been closed.