Not able to Login

Pravinraj
Clicking on Login button from Excel(Kitexl) shows blank page and after sometime displays Login aborted by the user.
  • botany02
    @Pravinraj
    Try running the Excel as Administrator.
  • Pravinraj
    Tried as administrator. Same issue persists. Attached the image.

• Pravinraj
    Hi, Any update on the above issue.. am not able to login. Please help me to sort out this issue
  • Pravinraj
    Any update on the above
  • VenkateshV
    Hi For even mine also same issue persists
    Pls provide a work around
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV @Pravinraj

Try the following;
    1. Add the following sites to Trusted Sites in Internet Options --> Security --> Trusted Sites --> Sites and also Un-Check Require Server Verification
    https://*.zerodha.com
    https://*.kite.trade

2. Open Excel as Administrator.

If you are using MS Edge Browser, then chances are there it may not work at all.

• VenkateshV
    Hi @ botany02

thanks for the response, i have another strange issue after logging in on KiteXL.

My Symbols get downloaded never completes and pops up "Symbol Not Downloaded" forever , upon checking the logs KiteXL_Error, i found there were segments MCXSX & MCXSXFO indicated not getting quotes.

i escalated to zerodha and they confirmed entire MCXSX segments were removed however still segment MCXSXFO present which i am following up separately.

however my symbol not download issue still persists. What would be the workaround?
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV

KiteXL will try to download the symbols for all exchanges enabled for the user which is retrieved from https://api.kite.trade/session/token.
    Temporary solution is create a text file with name SymbolList_MCXSX and SymbolList_MCXSXFO and put some contents and save it in the My Documents folder.

This will make KiteXL to think that the files are already downloaded and will skip downloading from kite server.Once in daily before opening KiteXL, just open the above text files and add/del some text and save.

We are releasing a new version soon that will fix all bugs in the KiteXL, better wait for the new release.

• VenkateshV
    @ botany
    Huraaaayyy......Yes this worked...thanks a lot and quite relieved :)

Meanwhile zerodha promised to disable this segment by today...
    By when tentatively can we expect new version of Kite XL, Present version lacking of many things related Postback

could the new version accommodate max symbols what zerodha permit (i.e. 600 Symbols provided if you use all the 3 websockets)
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV

New release will support 3 websocket connections and post-back for order updates.

We hopefully release the new version in two weeks, the project is already delayed by months due to unforeseen issues at our end.

• VenkateshV
    @ Botany
    Great News.....and i am eagerly waiting for this.......however i have few general queries reg KiteXL

1) Is there a standard folder where the KiteXL file and its associated file to be kept? on cankeep it anywhere? also want to know where exactly the json files and other sysmbol files gets downloaded, appreciate i could u advise

2) Further My customised Trading system, can i develop in an new sheet by within KiteXL? or is that mandatory it must be developed only "TradingSystem" tab only?

3) i am comfortable with inbuilt Excel functions and to some extent VBA functions, and i have no issues on developing the strategy part, However Order management related i am not quite sure, Do you have any standard examples which explans a typical order routing, order checking, modify or cancel orders?