Multi user api_key giving error

anand_r
Hi, my app was enabled for multi user access api_key from single user access api_key.
1. Single user access api_key worked fine. I was able to get the access_token, execute trade, and invalidate the access_token.
2. When the app moved to multi user access api_key, I am getting an error "Insufficient permission for that call".
3. In the multi user access api_key I am able to get the access_token. I get the error when running place_order().
4. I am using 4.0.0 KiteConnect and Python 3.8.
Do I have to make any changes in the developer portal for the multi access api_key? Is there any documentation for multi access api_key? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
  • sujith
    You will need to use Kite Publisher to place orders.
  • anand_r
    Ok, thanks, will reach out if I face any issues.
  • anand_r
    Hi Sujith, I see there is no Kite Publisher for Python. Can you please set my app back to single user api_key mode? My app name is AlefOne.
  • anand_r
    Hi Sujith, appreciate if you can help me change the app back to single user api_key mode asap.
  • sujith
    You can write to kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com someone from the compliance team will get back to you.
  • anand_r
    @sujith thanks. I will reach out to them if needed.
    I was able to successfully integrate with Kite Publisher APIs. All working great so far! Thanks for the help. This issue can be closed.
This discussion has been closed.